I wish I had never sold.........

Locolines

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mk3 zodiac. And my old boat "defiant " that the purchaser promised to restore if I let him buy it, only to see it sunk for scuba training In Stoney cove.

What do you wish you had never sold ?

My 1st motorcycle, well actually a Fantic Motor Ti 50cc sports moped which I bought for £175 in November 1975 when I was 16 & rode all through that hot summer of '76' with my mates, I've owed many bikes since then but never regretted selling anything more than my Cherry red Ti.

1966 ford mustang 289 fastback, identical to the one driven by Steve McQueen in the film Bullit, fitted with Gurne Weslake heads, twin Holly highrisers and manual box and brakes upgraded to Discs, makes me want to cry just thinking of its value now and as a bird puller nothing i have owned has ever come close. sigh :(:(:( Sold to get married, 9 months later she cleared of, the only favor she ever did me.

1966 ford mustang 289 fastback, identical to the one driven by Steve McQueen in the film Bullit, fitted with Gurne Weslake heads, twin Holly highrisers and manual box and brakes upgraded to Discs, makes me want to cry just thinking of its value now and as a bird puller nothing i have owned has ever come close. sigh :(:(:( Sold to get married, 9 months later she cleared of, the only favor she ever did me.

Ooh I bet that hurt.

Err...lets see now....if we're just talking vehicles,

My Champ .....that I sold to the OC 28 Field Ambulance RAMC to buy my Mk2 Cortina 1500GT

My Mk2 Cortina, ......by now replaced with the engine from 1600E & a different box

My 1967 RS Camaro..... cause some b@#44ard slashed the electric soft top & I could'nt afford a new hood

My 2a LWB Land Rover... which was soooo much better than the 3 Series Safari I part ex'd it for

My 1974 Mercury Cougar, ...351cu in, bit of a boat on the road but great fun & very comfy

After those the rest all got a bit sensible & family like.

My hair..which I did`nt sell but I miss it all the same:drive:

H

Great thread.

So regret selling me Kawasaki Z650. I used to have so much fun on that :(

I suppose if I was stupid I would say that I used to put it up on the back wheel and travel the lenght of Bishops Waltham High Street, whilst doing the V sigh with my left hand, only to realise that I was being followed by a copper. But thankfully I am not that stupid to write that on a public forum :help:

My Mark 2 MR2 turbo....light metallic silver blue, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, stuck to the road like s**t to a blanket. Had to sell it for a stupid price when the kids came along. But that's not my biggest regret. My biggest regret is not buying the bloody thing again when it came up on eBay a few months ago! Noooooooo!:(